Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wish Me Luck

I'm feeling very unsettled right now. James left about an hour or so ago for his big road trip to California and Little Man is down for his nap. The house is strangely quiet. I know I've got a big day tomorrow and I feel like I should be preparing for it somehow, but I'm not quite sure what to do. I can't really pack the diaper bag or my lunch yet, and I can't think of anything else that can be done ahead of time. I just know that I'm going to forget something. (Bryanna can attest to my forgetfulness lately, right?) I just hope its not something important like my breast pump or the diapers or something. I'm getting butterflies just thinking about what tomorrow morning will be like. And to add to the stress of the day, I'm supposed to go visiting teaching in a couple of hours. I felt like I couldn't say no, since I've missed the last several months, but its really going to throw a kink in the nightly routine. We've only got one visit to make, so hopefully we're not gone too long and I can still get everyone to bed by 8.

I had my 6 week checkup with my midwife today. While we were there, she weighed Little Man for me. You'll never guess how much he weighs! Nine and a half pounds! He really is getting big; its not just my imagination.

Wish me luck for tomorrow....

No comments: