Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mr. Independent

I must have the world's funniest baby. Yesterday I was packing Little Man around in the carrier while James and I rearranged some furniture and after about an hour he woke up. He started fussing and I was trying everything to calm him down. I gave him his binky and he spit it out; I took him out of the carrier and just held him and he still cried. Finally, mostly out of frustration, I sat him in his bouncer. Instantly, he stopped crying. He sat there for the next hour and just looked around. What kind of baby cries when you hold them? Don't babies usually cry when you put them down? He did the exact same thing at bedtime yesterday, too. He was fussing, so I laid him down in his crib, and then I didn't hear another sound out of him until almost 2 am. I'm afraid he got his mom's independent streak.

In other news, Little Man finally made it through the whole three hours at church. (Ok, fine, we were 15 minutes late, but that hardly counts, right?) I fed him a bottle during relief society (I had one handy because I was afraid that he'd get hungry while I was teaching my Sunday School class) and he let out two of the loudest belches ever. So embarrassing. I felt so inappropriate, like it was bad manners to burp like that and not say "excuse me." After church, we went to J and B's for dinner and to celebrate their son's birthday. It was a beautiful day and we were able to hang out outside for awhile. It was a wonderful evening.

No comments: