Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Milestones

We experienced another miracle here last night. Little Man slept for 7 hours straight! Granted, the seven hours ended at 3 am, but I'll take it. It felt wonderful to get so much sleep. I was so excited I felt like I should do something nice for him to say thank you, like buy him a present or bake him a plate of cookies, or something. I really would have if I thought he would have appreciated it at all.

When James got home on Saturday, he couldn't believe how much Little Man changed in just four days. It made me realize all of the little milestones he's reached in the last little while...
1. He is a great burper. In the beginning, I felt like I'd pound on his back forever, and still not get the burps out of him. Now, all I have to do is sit him up and pat him once or twice, and he gives big belches. A couple of days ago, he belched so loud he startled himself.
2. He is holding his head up all by himself. My favorite is when I've got him on my shoulder to burp him and he holds his head up and looks around. Every once in a while he's a little wobbly, but most of the time, he's a pro.
3. He has mastered smiling. For the last few days, he just grins and beams at us everytime we talk to him. I love it. He's even started smiling at things besides us. When we put him in his bouncer, he grins at the animals that hang above him. He also grins at my boob alot, but I kinda hate that.
4. He's starting to make lots of cute baby noises. He's cooing and gurgling. It's nice to hear noises besides crying and screaming. I actually think he'll be laughing soon. When we smiles, he makes some really cute noises that you can tell would be giggles if he could just get them out.

My little baby is growing up so fast!!

1 comment:

Bryanna Johnson said...

I'm so excited for you that he slept so long! That's awesome!