Thursday, April 17, 2008

We Made It

Little Man and I made it through my first day back to work. It wasn't so bad, actually. I knew he'd be fine, but I did better than I thought. Part of the reason was that we were on a weird schedule at school today, so I didn't actually have to start to teaching until almost 10 so I was able to hang out with Little Man all morning. I was able to nurse him in the morning, then snuck a few snuggles in at lunch, and went and got him right after school. It is so nice having him right there in the building with me. Its truly a blessing.

It actually felt kind of good to be back in the classroom. (Does that make me a bad mom?) It was fun to interact with the kids again and use my mind a little. I'm not really sure what happened while I was gone (apparently, they watched ALOT of movies), but I don't really care. My feet hurt now from standing on them all day and I'm exhausted, but I think tomorrow will be better. Hopefully Little Man sleeps a little better tonight!

Meanwhile, James is living it up in Cali as we speak. They spent the night in Tahoe last night, then drove the rest of the way to Stockton today. When I talked to him this afternoon, they were trying to decide what to do until the concert starts. Tomorrow they're headed to Six Flags, then its home on Saturday.

1 comment:

Bryanna Johnson said...

I'm so glad things went smoothly for you. Thanks again for stopping by today!