Saturday, April 19, 2008

Lonesome

I can't wait for this day to be over. Not that anything particularly terrible happened, I'm mostly just bored and tired of being alone. Little Man got me up too early (someone really needs to tell him that we sleep in on Saturday mornings) so I've been even more tired than I was yesterday. We did go get some groceries this afternoon. I put Little Man in the carrier and walked around the store with him. It so funny the way people react to seeing a baby in a carrier; they seem to make a bigger deal about the little one than when they're in a car seat. I had people ooh-ing and ahh-ing over him the whole time. I had one lady tell me all about her adopted Hispanic daughter and what she was like as a baby and I even had one elderly man come up and pat him on the head (which was slightly awkward considering his head was laying on my chest). But he's pretty dang cute so I don't really mind showing him off.

I'll be so grateful to have James home later tonight. The last couple of days I've been so busy that I didn't even have time to notice that I was alone, but today I'm really missing him. I do have to say that he took good care of me while he's been gone. He asked everyone in his family to call me while he was gone; I've been checked on everyday since he left. And he's been very patient with all of my phone calls. My cell phone died yesterday and he has the charger with him, so I've only got the home phone. Since everyone I usually call is long distance (and I don't even know their phone numbers without the speed dial), he's the only person I've been able to call all day. He's probably getting sick of my calling every hour, but he's not showing it.

I realized that I haven't been very good about posting pictures lately, so I took a bunch today. He sure it getting big, isn't he? I actually have noticed in the last couple of days how heavy he's getting. He's still tiny, but there's definitely a heft that he didn't have even a few weeks ago.

Ok, so I'm the meanest mom ever for showing you all this picture, but while I was rubbing lotion on Little Man after his bath the other night, I notice his bum crack is crooked! I thought it was so funny that I had to take a picture.
James likes to call Little Man "Little Farmer" (Who knows why. He calls me "Turkey" alot and I don't know where that came from either.) I put him in these overalls for the first time yesterday and thought that the nickname fit.

Here he is looking cute after his bath last night.


He was feeling super happy about being in his bouncer this morning. What a doll!


Hanging out in the bouncer again this afternoon:

2 comments:

Bryanna Johnson said...

I didn't call you just because James told me to, ya know!

Anonymous said...

There never has been a more cute little boy!!! If i didn't love you so much, I might steal him. He'd be worth the jail time...