Thursday, July 31, 2008

Up and running

Well, I'm irritated. I dropped my computer off on Monday and the guy told me it would be 2 -3 days. I called after 2 days, just to tell them I'd changed my mind about having my data backed up; the guy who answered said it was just about ready and they'd call me as soon as they were done. I waited patiently for their call all day yesterday. I finally buckled today and called them myself. Sure enough, it was ready. I went to pick it up, and the sheet they had taped to it said that the work had been completed the same day I dropped it off. I wonder if they would have ever called... Oh, well. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, ehh? I've been surfing all afternoon, just immersing myself in anything mildly interesting that I can find online. What a wonderful way to waste an afternoon.

There isn't much news around here. I finished re-reading the Twilight books yesterday (they have completely consumed my mind, again, so its all I can think of to talk about right now). I am so dang excited for the new one that comes out on Saturday. I'll be in Logan and, even though its completely irresponsible considering I have an infant to take care of the next day, I really want to drag my sisters to one of those midnight release parties and stay up late reading the book. I know I won't really do it, but wouldn't it be fun? James and his brother are taking off to the mountains for the weekend, so Little Man and I are spending some quality time with the folks. I wish that they saw him more. He gets bigger all the time. He has a new habit of crying whenever I walk out of the room. I was thinking he was a cool, independent baby, who liked me well enough, but didn't mind being on his own, either. Wrong. He is just becoming so aware of his surroundings that he's finally noticing that I'm not around. He sure is a sweetie, though. He's had a good week, all in all. He was struggling to stick to his schedule, but once I kind of gave up on it and tried just listening to him, he got right back on it, all on his own. Funny how that works.

2 comments:

Bryanna Johnson said...

I'm glad you got your comp back. Although a bit annoying, I always felt so important and loved when Seth would cry when I wasn't around. I'm probably just a weirdo, though.

tiffrsmith said...

I hate to admit it, but I also get a strange amount of satisfaction when Little Man cries for me. I like feeling needed I guess.