Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"Strong Little Man"

That's how the doctor described my sweet boy at his appointment yesterday. We got an A+. He's doing everything he's supposed to be by this age, and then some. The doctor said he's perfect, and not to change a thing we're doing. He even recommended not starting solids for another month, because he's thriving so well on just breast milk. He was impressed that he's rolling over (Little Man even demonstrated his new trick) and said that I'm in trouble, because he'll probably be crawling soon, but I already knew that. And everybody that saw him remarked on how happy he is. I had to keep telling them, "Yes, he's really this happy all the time."

And then he had to get his shots. He tried so hard to be brave. He flinched a little with the first one, but didn't start crying until the second one. He wailed for a second, but he settled right down. I can tell he doesn't feel good today, because he hasn't been wiggling and rolling over, and he's letting me cuddle with him. I makes me remember how he used to be, when he was really little. It's kind of nice. (Does it mean I'm a bad mom when I enjoy it when my baby doesn't feel good?)

Added Thurday, July 10th:
I feel like a dork. I didn't tell everyone about the most interesting part of our Dr's visit. Apparently, Little Man has had a little growth spurt. He now weighs 13 lbs 5.5 oz and is 25 3/4 inches long. That puts him in the 75th percentile for height and 25th percentile for weight. (Remember, at his 2 month appointment, he was in the 50th percentile for both.) Who would have ever thought that James and I would have tall, skinny baby? Go figure.

1 comment:

Jon Paul said...

Are you saying you're fat, Tiffany? Because you're not. You could drink whole milk if you wanted to.
Oh, and you're not a bad parent—Seth was the same way about being held at all. Just as long as you're not the one hurting him you can savor the moments, right?