Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Favorite Rock Star

Last night, I got to go to the John Mayer concert. I love me some John Mayer. Oh my goodness. It wasn't quite the show I'd expected, though. John Mayer is a guitar player at heart, not a pop star. (I've been saying this for years, trying to convince certain members of my family that he's not a "fairy".) So when he plays live, its not like listening to his CDs. He really likes to jam. Which is fine, but I wanted to hear all of my favorite songs and sing along. Oh well. While I was there thinking impure thoughts about the man on stage last night, I had a little epiphany. Every time John Mayer covered a song, I thought to myself, "James can play that song." When Nikki commented that she really loved John Mayer's white t-shirt and khakis, I thought, "That's what James wears." When John Mayer would sing in that wonderful, smokey voice, I thought, "James could do that if he wanted." I finally realized that I have my very own rock star at home and I don't appreciate him or his talents nearly enough. Why was I swooning over this guy when I'm married a man that can do so much more? My guy is certainly nicer, kinder, and funnier. He's just as good of a musician. He's got smoldering good looks. So, darling, if you're reading this, know that YOU are my favorite rock star. I love you.

Speaking of James being a rock star, I mentioned a while back that he's playing in a band now. They have several gigs lined up for the next couple of months, and we'd love it if you would come support him and the band. (But, ladies, remember the sexy guitar player is already taken. No swooning, please.) Here are the dates:

August 9th at Wheeler Farm, 12:20 pm to 1:20 pm (This is the one I'd come to, if I were you)
August 23rd at West Jordan Nat'l Guard Facility, 11:15 am - 1:15 pm
September 12 at Cruisers, 9:00 pm to 1:00 am

If you need addresses and/or directions to any of these, leave a comment or call us.

And, finally, some pictures from last night.

Here are my beautiful sisters:
Here is Lindsay's hubby. He didn't have as much fun as we did.

Colbie Callait opened for John Mayer. (That's her on the right with the white shirt and straw hat.)

My 2nd favorite rock star.

And since you've all so patiently read through the last two entries with barely even a mention of the baby, here's a silly picture of my Little Man.

4 comments:

Nikki and Kade said...

There is absolutely no way to be grouchy when you look at a picture of little man with a binky stuck to his face. I LOVE this picture:)

Rachel said...

I am so glad to hear when James is going to play - I've always wanted to see/hear him - we'll try to make it, and then hopefully I can finally see you and meet your beautiful Little Man! I enjoy reading your blog so much.

Jon Paul said...

I like James a lot better than I like John Mayer.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...Let's see, if James is the #1 favorite rock star and John Mayer is #2, does that mean that Dad is #3?? :(