Friday, May 2, 2008

Happenings

Sorry its been so long since I posted. Here's what's been happening.

1. Little Man slept through the night for the first time on Monday night! He went down at 9 and didn't get up until 4. I'm counting it as "through the night" even though it was only 7 hours because I didn't get to go back to bed; it was 5 by the time he was done eating and getting changed. What a difference a solid chunk of sleep makes!

2. James took his last final on Tuesday. He's not taking summer classes (for the first time in 3 years) so he's done with school until the fall. Hallelujah! My hubby needs a break!

3. Little Man got sick on Wednesday. He was so congested that he could barely eat or sleep. He seems like he's finally feeling better today. He's pretty much slept all day, but his snot seems to have subsided a little. He even gave us some smiles during and after his bath tonight. It had been a few days since we'd seen that big toothless grin.

4. I got sick yesterday. It started with lots of sneezing and a runny nose and progressed into aches, chills and a temperature of 101. I would have stayed home today, but I'm out of sick days. Luckily, my fever was gone by this morning. So, with only 6 hours of sleep (Little Man has not been repeating his "through the night" performance) and feeling like crap, I went and put up with teenagers all day. Joy.

I think that's about it. I'm glad its the weekend, but we won't be resting much. Its our anniversary tomorrow (5 years!) and we're blessing Little Man on Sunday. I might actually be glad to get back to work Monday after the weekend we're going to have!

And now, the reason why you all bother to read my ramblings: pictures of Little Man.




1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love reading your posts, friend. I sends me right back to my days with my first baby...you're coping much better than I did. I'm sort of glad I didn't have a blog then because then everyone would know how psycho I am. Who am I kidding - you've all figured that out by now! Anyway, you're a great mommy doing a great job. And 7 hours TOTALLY counts as sleeping through the night.