Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Today was my first Mother's Day. Whoever invented this holiday deserves a medal. Little Man woke up at 4:30 and I made James get up and feed him a bottle. While he was eating, he pooped through his clothes. (This, unfortunately, is becoming an early morning routine around here. Any hints on how to keep the poop in the diaper?) Poor James. I'm not sure what happened after that, but Little Man was up again by 6:00. I got up and fed him and put him back down. James got up with him again at 8. When I finally got out of bed at 9, James announced that we were sending Little Man back and getting a different model. He was mostly kidding.

In celebration of Mother's Day, James (and Little Man, too) bought me some new socks. Is it super lame that I was excited about them? Then we went to Rush Valley for church and dinner with James's family. It was a great day. My little sister called me on the way home and told me that she had a Mother's Day present for me, but that I couldn't have it until January. She's having a baby!! She just found out this morning (I really hope that everyone knows by now... Sorry if I ruined any surprises!) I started crying, she started crying... I'm so excited for her. Being a mom is truly the best thing that has ever happened to me and I'm so excited for her to experience it, too. She's going to be a great mom.

I took the camera to Rush Valley to take some pictures today, but I left it there when we came home. Hopefully, we'll get back out there sometime this week and I'll be able to put some pictures up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay me! Thanks sis :)