Thursday, May 22, 2008

Worse and worse

It has been a terrible week around here. Well, just terrible for me. The rest of the family is just fine. This cold is totally kicking my butt. I've been sick for a week now. On Tuesday, I woke up and my eyes were bright red. I thought that it was just because I hadn't slept is about 4 days (I can't sleep because of my cough, then the coughing wakes up the baby, and then we're all up). I ended up going to the doctor and it turns out I have given myself pink eye. Somehow, my nose must have drained backwards into my eyes and the same virus that gave my cold is now infecting my eyes. I didn't even know that could happen. And since it viral, there not a thing anyone can do for it. I ended up staying home from work today, just so I could get some rest and try to beat this thing. I stayed in bed until 1:00 and it was lovely. James would bring the baby in every 3 hours, I'd nurse him, then hand him back to James and go back sleep. I'm actually feeling much better now. Hopefully I'll be all the way back to normal by the weekend.

The only other news to report is that Little Man is doing much better this week. He's been so cranky the last few weeks, mostly because he doesn't sleep in daycare. I decided to try putting him down earlier and it seems to have fixed the problem. He goes down at 7:30 now instead of 9:00. He wakes up earlier in the morning, which in inconvenient for me, but then he still has time to go back to sleep before we go to school. Since he hasn't been so overtired, he's actually been sleeping better in daycare, too. A well-rested baby makes everyone happier.

No comments: