Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ho-hum

I'm racking my brain to try to think of something to blog about, but its been a pretty ho-hum week around here. Nothing too exciting. James started his new job on Wednesday, delivering for Fed-Ex. I'm just about done with school; Friday was essentially the last day, but we're not officially done until Wednesday. The last day of daycare was on Friday, however. I don't know what they think I'm supposed to do with my baby for three days. My friend Lexi from work is having her mom come into to town to watch her little one, and her mom volunteered to watch Little Man, too. I'm a little nervous, only because I've never been away from him for that long. He's always been in the daycare down the hall. For the next three days, I'll be away from him for 8+ hours. It will be very strange.

The only other thing to talk about is just how big Little Man is getting. It seems like he's grown by leaps and bounds this week. He's gotten so good at holding up his head this week. I don't have to cradle him in my arms anymore; I can carry him on my hip now. He's also gotten very good at turning his head to find you when you talk to him. I've also noticed that he really does know who I am and gets excited to see me. Today, while I was teaching my Sunday School class, James was rocking him to sleep. He said he was just fine whenever anyone else was talking, but as soon as I would talk, Little Man would jerk awake. Also at church today, I was rocking him during Sacrament meeting. I had him cradled in my arms, and he turned his head to look at me. I'd smile at him, then he'd give me one of his big cheesy grins and bury his face in my arm. Then he'd to it all over again. It was really cute. Oh, one more cute thing he did today. He sucked his thumb for the first time. He's always got his fist or his fingers in his mouth these days, but he's never figured out how to get just his thumb in his mouth before. Super cute. Oh, and another thing. Little Man slept a full eight hours last night. He went down at 9 and didn't even stir until 5. And when he did wake up, he didn't even cry. He just started talking to himself. He ate, then went right back to bed and slept until 8:30. Now if he'd just sleep like that on a school night, when its really important that I get a good night sleep.

I've recently figured out how to take video with our camera. Here's a video from last week of Little Man talking to his animals that dangle above him in the bouncer.



Here's a picture from tummy time the other night. Look at him hold that head up!

Here he is before church this morning. It won't be long before he's sitting up all by himself!

2 comments:

Jon Paul said...

That video was super cute!

Jon Paul said...

That comment was Bryanna by the way. Sorry- Jon's blogger name is Ronco.