Sunday, June 8, 2008

School's Out!

Wa-hoo! School's out! I am loving my summer break so far. James, on the other hand, is probably ready for me to go back already. I've kept him very busy that last few days. On Thursday, I was finally able to dig in and really clean the bathroom and the hall closet. It's been bugging me for months, but I just haven't had the time or energy to tackle it. Once that was done, we went to Ikea and got a new wardrobe so we'll have some extra closet space around here. Friday James worked in the yard all morning then I made him put together the wardrobe all afternoon. Saturday was spent doing the grocery shopping and getting my lesson ready for church. Today has been nice and relaxing. I didn't even make dinner. We did the the chance to go downtown and walk around Temple Square for a little while. There was some sort of meeting happening in the Tabernacle (anyone know what it was?) so it was extra busy. I always love to see the sister missionaries working. There were protesters standing around at the entrance tonight, but as soon as you enter the grounds, there is a sister there, smiling, waiting to greet you. I love it.

Little Man has also had a busy week. He spent the first part of the week with Lexi's mom, and she just raved about what a good baby he was. She had her hands full with two little ones, but I didn't worry too much, because I know just how easy Little Man is to take care of. The last couple of days he's turned into a real chatter box. He's always squawking and squealing and cooing and gurgling. My favorite is when he looks into your eyes and quietly coos at you. I like to think he's telling me that he loves me. No matter what he's trying to say, it sure melts my heart.
Most of the week as been pretty nice, but this morning was a little rough. We were running late for church and Little Man was napping anyway, so we ended up skipping the first meeting. Little Man was due to eat at the exact same time I was supposed to be teaching, so I pumped a bottle for James to feed him. James dropped me off at the front door and I ran to class. Class went well, until half way through, the only 3 kids that were helping to read and discuss left. I was left with one girl who is mentally handicapped and 4 Burmese refugees that don't speak English. That was rough. Anyway, I kept waiting for James to come up with the baby, but by the time class was over, he still wasn't there. I found him in the foyer and Little Man was wearing a different outfit than what we left home in. Apparently, I hadn't put the lid to the bottle on tight and most of it ended up down the front Little Man. James, not realizing that I had a clean outfit in the diaper bag, went all the way home to change him. Just as I found them, Little Man was working on filling his diaper. I whisked him off to the rest room to change him. By the time we got there, the poop had soaked all the was through his onsie and his shirt, but it wasn't up the back (like usually happens at least once a day) it was up the front!! How in the world does that happen?? Right then and there I made an executive decision that we're switching him to bigger diapers. He's kind of between sizes right now, but since the smaller ones are cheaper, I've been holding off moving up. Not anymore. Hopefully we'll have less poopy laundry. So to sum up the church-going experience, we missed the first hour, I taught my lesson to five kids that didn't understand a word that came out of my mouth, and Little Man went through two different outfits. Luckily, Sacrament Meeting was uneventful.

We caught Little Man sucking his thumb again today. He's getting better and better at finding it. I probably shouldn't think its cute, but I just marvel at how much control he's getting over his little hands.


On Thursday while I was busy cleaning, Little Man wanted to be cuddled. I rigged James up with the carrier and he packed the baby around for awhile.

We bought Little Man a book the other night. Here we are having our first bedtime story. There are no words to the book, just simple black/white and red/white pictures of animals. He seems to love it. He stares at the pictures and tonight he seemed like he was talking to the picture of the bird.

1 comment:

Bryanna Johnson said...

I'm so happy for you that school's out!