Sunday, March 16, 2008

Survival

I got a great night sleep last night. Like, I think I slept for about 10 hours all together. I feel awesome. I also had an epiphany this morning. I've been reading all these books about how to take care of babies (because I really have absolutely no clue what I'm doing) and they all say something different. Plus, all the doctors and nurses each have a different opinion too. I've been really frustrated trying to be the perfect textbook mother. But I realized this morning that it doesn't matter what anyone else says. This is about survival at this point. I just have to figure out what works for us, and ignore everything else. So what if he only wants to nurse for 10 minutes on one side and be done? So what if he needs a little cuddling to go to sleep? So what if I'm just too tired to go get him at 5:30 in the morning and I nurse him while I continue to lie in bed? As long as we're both surviving, I think I'll do whatever it takes.

Also, because I'm feeling so much better today, I promised Little Man that I wouldn't ask if I could send him back today. Pinky swear.

Here's Little Man after his bath last night. Dad combed a part in his hair and I thought he looked so handsome. Like a little missionary! We sat and cuddled for about 15 minutes and he just stared up into my eyes. My heart just melted and I felt terrible for being such a mean, grumpy mom all day.


Here are some shots from our little mini photo shoot this morning.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're son is the cutest little boy I have ever seen. He looks so much like his daddy!