Thursday, March 20, 2008

Growing like a weed

Little Man had his two week appointment today. He weighs 6 lbs 12 1/2 oz and he's 20 1/2 inches. Can you believe he's grown over two inches since he was born??!! I thought those preemie jammies were getting a little snug...

The doctor also shared our feelings about the reflux. He said all babies have reflux, but not all babies need medical treatment for it. He gave us some things to watch for and told us to keep doing what we're doing. He's gaining weight and having lots of poopy diapers, so there's nothing to worry about for now. He said if it seems like it gets worse or like he's in pain, we'll start him on a prescription (something besides Prevacid). We were very comforted by what he had to say. He also said that we don't have to wake him up to feed him. That's makes me feel better, especially after a night like last night, when he sleeps for almost 6 hours straight. I enjoy my sleep so much that I won't get out of bed unless he's crying, but after about 5 hours I wake up and wonder if I should go get him or not. I don't have to feel like a bad mom now. Yea!

No comments: