Tuesday, March 25, 2008

In the groove

I haven't posted for a few days because there really hasn't been anything exciting to say. Here's what's been happening:

Saturday my family (sans Mom) came down to visit. My sister's cute girls got to meet Little Man for the first time. We hung out, ate hoagies (thanks, Nikki), watched a little NCAA basketball and oohed and ahhed over the baby.


Sunday Little Man went to church for the first time. We just went to Sacrament and he slept through the whole thing. Everyone thought he was such a cute baby! At one point, I caught one of the counselors in the bishopric looking at us and it reminded me of the first Sunday after James and I got engaged. When we got to Sacrament meeting that Sunday, the bishop of our ward saw me, pointed to his finger, and kinda winked at me. Having a similar thing happen this Sunday just reminded me of how far we've come since then and how blessed I am to have such a great husband and a perfect little family. I love my boys.
We also went to J and B's for dinner on Sunday night. We had a really good time. It was pretty much the first time we've taken the baby anywhere for an extended period of time. It was nice to get out and enjoy the company of family (and the food was great too!).

Yesterday (Monday) I hauled Little Man all over town to do some shopping. Nothing fun. The whole point of my trip was to get stuff for a lab for school, but I couldn't find coffee stirrers anywhere! (I eventually ended up snagging some from the 7-11 down the street.) We also had to pick up a sleeping wedge for Little Man. I'm hoping that it will help with his reflux. He was so good all day. He slept all day long while I carried him around in his car seat.

Today was a busy day, even though I barely left the house. I spent most of the day putting lessons together. I'm actually not sure what my students did today, because I didn't get the plans for the day to them in time. Oh, well. I also made dinner for the first time (we had Vermont Chicken Pie; it wasn't bad) in about a month. It was nice to sit down and enjoy a home cooked meal that wasn't hamburgers or sloppy joes. I love James, but meal planning is not one of his strong points. Here's a picture of Little Man after his bath tonight. We sure do have fun styling that crazy hair. This is his Beatles look.

No comments: