Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Figuring this thing out

Wow, having a baby is a lot of work. Between the feedings, the burping, the diaper changes, the baths we're staying very busy. The most challenging part so far is keeping up with "regular life" between all of the baby stuff, and trying to sleep when I can too. I know I'm supposed to sleep when he sleeps, but I also have to eat, shower, see visitors, chat with James, etc. We're all starting to adjust, though. My boobs and the baby are starting to get on a similar schedule (hallelujah), and I'm finally feeling relaxed enough that I can actually sleep when I lay down. The first few days, I was so keyed up that I would just lay there for hours and then have to get up and do it all again. Even James commented this morning that I seem to be adjusting to motherhood rather well. He was worried that he was going to have to "do alot" (oh, brother). We made it until 6:30 this morning with out having to wake up Daddy, and then it was only to have him cuddle Little Man for a moment while Mom pumped for a minute so that he could latch on. We're getting into a little groove. It feels good. I thought it would take longer than this to adjust. It all just confirms that I was made for having babies. I had a great pregnancy, a great labor and delivery, I'm making lots of milk, and, most important, have a great looking baby. Yup, I was born for this.

No comments: