Sunday, October 5, 2008

I hate being old

Ok, so I'm a really, really terrible blogger. I have sat down to post several times in the past few weeks, but I couldn't think of a single thing to write about. We've been very busy, but only doing boring things, like working and changing diapers. That's all.

There are a few things that have happened over the last few weeks.
1. Little Man is officially sitting up. He's such a big boy. He'll sit on the floor and play by himself for quite a while now. He's very good at "catching" himself if he's about to fall over and will even put a hand down to support himself if he's leaning to get a toy that's out of reach. So big!
2. James and I went on a date this week. We haven't been on a date without Little Man since before I went before my maternity leave ended (about 6 months ago). So, I called a girl in our ward and asked if she would come sit here while Little Man slept so we could go out. It was really nice, even if it was weird, to go out and have James to myself. We had planned to go to dinner and a movie, but by the time we were done eating, the movie we had wanted to see had already started. We wandered around the Gateway for a little while, stopped at Smith's for a gallon of milk, and were home by 10. We're so old. I felt a little jipped, because we go out to eat all the time with Little Man in tow; we should have gone to do something that we couldn't bring him along for. Ah, well. It felt very easy leaving him with the sitter, though. He slept the whole time and the girl we hired is super responsible. We'll definately hire her again soon.
3. Our apartment was quasi-flooded. Somehow, the drain line for the building got clogged right below us, so all the yucky water from the apartment upstairs' kitchen backed up in our sink and in our dishwasher. It overflowed and flooded our kitchen and even part of our (carpeted) dining area. It happened very late Thursday night so it didn't get taken care of for quite awhile. I spent Friday afternoon bleaching the kitchen down and we shampooed carpets yesterday. The carpet is still a little damp and it's starting to stink pretty bad in here. It doesn't smell like a sewer anymore, but that smell has been replaced by musty, mildew-y smell. And I don't even want to think about what kind of bacteria the carpet is teeming with and how far across the apartment we've tracked it. Not good for a family with a baby that plays on the floor for a good chunk of the day.
I guess that's all for now. Here are some pictures from the last few weeks.








2 comments:

Nikki and Kade said...

He is really the cutest thing in the world. It makes me so happy to see his smiley face.

Rachel said...

Those tub pix are so cute!