Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hypocrite

Shh.... don't tell the La Leche League. I gave my baby formula today. I've bumped up Little Man's intake of solids this week and now that he's getting extra cereal, I haven't been able to pump enough milk to mix with it. So I mixed up some formula tonight to make his cereal with, and as an experiment, I gave him the bottle to see if he would drink it. He took it and starting chugging. He even cried a little when I took it away. I'm not sure what to think of this. I can see the potential of having some options, but it also makes me a little sad that he doesn't "need" me as badly as I thought. Oh, and I feel like a huge, shameful hypocrite. I've been a total judgemental mom, turning up my nose at those other mom's who feed their babies formula. To them, I say "I'm sorry. I get it now." Don't get me wrong; I'm not weaning Little Man. But I promise to not be a crazy, breastfeeding nazi anymore.

2 comments:

Jon Paul said...

I'm not telling, Tiffany. I was feeding Seth small bits of ice cream and such at that age (and getting in trouble for it). Formula seems pretty mild compared to my past sins.
I'm unrepentant. I've given Ezra drops of orange juice and he loves it.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the visit - it was so fun to finally meet Little Man! I don't hate you for using formula. Much. :)