Friday, October 31, 2008

Cutie Patootie

My goodness. Where has October gone? I can't believe tomorrow is the 1st of November. I'm sure I lost a week somewhere...

We've had a busy week around here. School's been rough. This was the last week of the quarter, which always makes kids antsy. A lot of my AP students also saw it as an opportunity to jump ship. I had long, serious talks with some of them, but to no avail. Out of 18 kids, 7 dropped. I was feeling quite crappy about myself (it's the first time my job has made me cry), but, today, I found not one, but two, notes from kids that dropped telling me that I'm a good teacher and their decisions weren't personal. It did make me feel a little better, but at the same time, I know that it does have something to do with me. But what's done is done and all I can do it try to get it right the next time around.

Little Man still wasn't feeling well for most of the week. I spent a lot of time cleaning up blow outs and bathing him at random times during the day. Yucky.

I suppose the biggest event of the week was Halloween. I had decided a while ago that I wasn't going to make a big deal about dressing Little Man up. I was just going to find a cute Halloween shirt for him to wear and call it good. Then, the night before he was supposed to dress up for daycare, I changed my mind. I spend about 2 hours going from store to store trying to find a costume. I eventually found a super cute penguin outfit, and I think it was perfect. He looked dang cute and was a trooper about wearing it.


We went up to Jon and Bryanna's for pizza and trick or treating tonight. It's become something of a tradition. Bry offered to hold Little Man so I could eat. I thought the sight of her holding the two babies, both sucking away on their binkies was hilarious.
Here's a cute picture from daycare the other morning:
This is Little Man's George Costanza pose. He's getting so... busy. He won't even sit still for a bath. He's trying to reach the overflow thing on the tub here.
I was alone with Little Man this afternoon and had to go get a load of laundry. I didn't have enough hands, so he got to ride in the basket with the clean clothes.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Such cute pix. Sorry about the AP class - I'm sure you're doing great, even if it doesn't feel that way. I hope Little Man is feeling better.

Bryanna Johnson said...

Thanks for hanging out with us on Halloween. Yeah, I think kids dropping has more to do with them being lazy than with you.