Monday, January 26, 2009

What an exciting weekend we had around here. Nikki, Kade, and their new tiny baby came down to tour the Draper temple with us. (Sadly, Mom and Dad didn't make it. We missed them!) It was an adventure from the beginning. Right after we got on the bus to take us to the temple, a car turned in front of the bus (I think that's what happened, anyway), the bus driver slammed on his brakes, and the tour guide who had been telling us all about the new temple, flew into the windshield and then fell down the stairs. We all just sat there with our mouths open, wondering what just happened. The poor guide got up after a moment (he said he was fine, but I noticed he was not our guide on the trip back), and the tour resumed as if nothing had happened. The tour of the temple was wonderful. If you haven't been, you should go!

The other big event of the week is that I've been trying to ween Little Man. I just decided one day last week that I was being selfish by continuing to nurse, because my milk had dropped off to the point where he wasn't getting enough. I realize now that I tried to stop too quickly. Within just a few days, I was down to once a day. He was finally getting full, but, holy cow, my hormones went berserk. I didn't even know that weening could wreak such havoc with the mom. So I've struggled emotionally, because all of the sudden my quality Little Man time has decreased significantly, and then, on top it all of, my hormones have been raging. Poor Jamesy thought he was going to have to admit me yesterday. I feel a little less volitile today, and Little Man seems to be adjusting quickly, too. And the good news for all of you, is that this means an end to all boob-related discussions. I promise.

One last thing: I'm so dang proud of Little Man tonight. Since we've been weening, I've been trying to get him to take the cup. I decided today that we needed to get serious. I tried post-poning lunch until he'd drink his formula from the cup, hoping that he'd get hungry enough to give in. After two hours, I was the one that finally gave in. Whenever I would pull out the cup, he'd scream and shake his head no. So while we were at Target today, I picked up some new cups (the super cheap, throw-away kind) and tried it at dinner. He picked it up with both hands, put his mouth on the spout, and tipped it back. He drank it all! I've been having visions of bottle-feeding a 3-year old, so I'm super proud! He's getting so big!
Little Man is also getting very good at walking with his push-toy. It won't be long before he's walking without it.



Hurray for new jammies!
All ready for bed!

4 comments:

Nikki and Kade said...

First- You are giving our bus driver WAY too much credit. What really happened is he turned too tightly and side-swiped a pole. The impact made the guide fly backwards....the vision is starting to become funny in my head. Also- that is the stinking cutest video I've ever seen. He is such a sweet little boy. And I think he's starting to look more and more like his mommy. It was so good to spend time with you all this weekend. I can't wait until you live close enough that we can see each other a lot more often and our little men can be best friends. Love you-- Oh- and Easton says he loves his pretty Aunt Tippy.

Bryanna Johnson said...

Hey I felt the same way when I weaned Seth. The first day that I started weaning him, I really felt so depressed that I just wanted to be all by myself and cry. And that is so funny about the sippy cups, because I tried about 5 different kinds with Seth, and the only kind he would drink out of were the throw away ones too!

tiffrsmith said...

Nikki-- Holy crap! Is that really what happened?! And we got on that guy's bus again to come back?

Nikki and Kade said...

Yes! That's why I was calling it the blue bus of doom! The driver was probably drunk or still in training.