Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back to the Grind

I don't have much news to report, but I've been experiencing blog-guilt again, so I knew I'd better post something. Everyone is back to school and work now, which is good and bad. I'm glad to be back, mostly just so I can get it over with. I've been very overwhelmed with everything I have to get done at work the last few days, so I've been even less enthusiastic about work than normal. James is still looking for a job, but he is going to start giving guitar lessons and lined up his first student this weekend. Hopefully, it works out. Also this week, James tried out for the guitar program at Utah State and was accepted! Yea! He'll be able to earn his (2nd) degree and get a teaching license at the same time. The program has 100% placement, so he's guaranteed to have a job at the end of it, which is reassuring. So, if all goes according to plan, we'll be moving to Logan this summer.

Little Man continues to amaze and frustrate us. He has once again gotten into the bad habit of getting up in the middle of the night. And we've fallen into the bad habit of giving him a bottle in the middle of the night, not because he's hungry, but because it's an easy way to make him sleepy. We've got a game plan for tonight, though, so hopefully we can all get some sleep soon.

He's been learning to do so many cute things lately. He's cruising like a pro now and has started to play "chase" games with us. I spend a lot to time crawling after him on my hands and knees. The best, though, is when he'll chase me. This weekend he learned to clap his hands. I'd never even seen him try to do it before, but yesterday, he just did it like it was something he'd always known how to do. And at church today, he was waving at the family sitting behind us. I didn't know that he knew how to that either. He sure is a sweet little guy.





Here's Little Man looking sharp for church. He's had a haircut since this one was taken. I forgot what beautiful curls he had.Here he is climbing on James's guitars one morning.We also discovered last weekend that he can climb stairs.
We welcomed a new little man to our family this week. Our Little Man was pretty un-interested in his new cousin most of the day, but got curious toward the end of our visit.

Giving Little Man a bath used to be one of my favorite parts of the day. Now, it's so much work that I dread it. The moment I lay him down to lotion him, he flips over and speed-crawls away. Here he is cruising along our headboard.
A happy picture from tonight. Doesn't he look so much like his cousin "Tricky" in this picture?

6 comments:

Jon Paul said...

I hope you get more sleep soon, Tiffany. These crazy babies are lucky they're also cute.

Blaire said...

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I'm glad to see you're doing well and your little boy is adorable.

Say hey to James for me!

Nikki and Kade said...

Thanks for posting such an attractive picture of me on your blog. :)

tiffrsmith said...

What are you talking about, Nikki? I think you look beautiful.

And you'll all be glad to hear that we did get more sleep last night. We were all geared up for a cry-it-out night, but he didn't even stir until 6:45, which is sleeping in for him. Hallelujah!

Bryanna Johnson said...

He really does look like Tricky in that picture. They're all really cute pictures.

darkhorse said...

I want the curls back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way my wife is screaming hot in this picture :-) I am so excited for you two to move up here, i hope that it all works out. see you tommorow i cannot wait, thanks so much for getting tickets for us.. later .