Thursday, January 1, 2009

Looking Ahead

2008 is over. It was a good year, wasn't it? We were blessed in March with the birth of our first-born son, Little Man. He really is the sweetest baby I've ever seen. My favorite new thing he's doing these days is giving kisses. They are open-mouthed and slobbery, but very sweet. I cherish every one of them. I feel very blessed to be his mother. I've become a "mommy" this year. It's something that I always wanted to be, but never really understood how it would change my life. I would do anything for that kid. It reminds me of that part in "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"; my heart has grown at least three sizes this year.
The year ended with some stressful news; James lost his job yesterday. The guy he works for sold the route James had been doing, and met him at the terminal last night with the news. James was going to give his notice on Monday, anyway, but he feels a little betrayed. We were hoping to at least be earning a paycheck for a couple of more weeks while he looked for a job that would work with his school schedule. James is a hard-worker and I know he'll find something. It makes me grateful for my recession-proof job. I've been pretty grouchy about my job lately, so it's been kind of a reality check for me. I have a job when a lot of people don't right now.
Looking ahead to 2009, I'm hoping for an even better year than this year was. Little Man will continue to grow and learn, delight and confound me, I'm sure. James is scheduled to graduate in May, and after that, who knows? I'm hoping that I can be successful at my job this year, especially with my AP students. My resolutions are to be more organized, do a better job of fulfilling my callings at church (did I mention that I just got called to the Primary? I'm excited, but unsure how I'll juggle Little Man while I'm in the Primary for a two-hour block), and, most of all, be a better wife to my dear husband. I hope that you all are safe and warm on this New Year's Day and wish you luck with all of your resolutions!

2 comments:

Nikki and Kade said...

Wow. I guess I need to call you more often. This post was all news to me. Sorry about James' job, but you'll pull through. Congrats on the primary calling. You're perfect for that job. Love you sis :) Five days til I'm camping on your couch......

Bryanna Johnson said...

That was a good post. I hope James finds something soon.