Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Conversation

I know I haven't blogged in a long time, and I have lots to catch up on, but that will have to wait. I just have to record the conversation I just had with Little Man.

LM: One day Daddy will die and there will be a new Dad!!
Me: What?!!
LM: Uhh... Just kidding. There will be two Daddies!!
Me: What?!! .... Wait, who will be the new Daddy?
LM: ME!!
Me: Umm... sweetie.... when you're a daddy, who do you think your wife will be?
LM: YOU!!
Me: I'm already Daddy's wife. I can only be the wife of one boy. A different girl will be your wife someday.
LM (with tears in his voice): But how will I find her?
Me: You'll have a long, long time to look. You'll find her one day, I promise.
LM: But I don't know where the temple is!!
Me: Oh, sweetie. Finding a temple will be the easy part.

The things this child worries about. He's such a little sweetie. It is starting to make sense why he wants to be a Daddy when he grows up. I think he thinks he'll get to stay with me forever if he's a Daddy. I am going to enjoy this time, when he still likes me and thinks he'll get to marry me one day. I know it won't last forever.

1 comment:

Nikki and Kade said...

Oh, gosh. *tear* He is SO sweet.