Monday, January 16, 2012

For Prosperity

I suck at blogging. I've accepted this about myself. But today, I was thinking about all of the silly and cute and frustrating things Little Mas does these days and thought I should record them somewhere. So here we go.

In no particular order, here are some amusing things he has done in the recent weeks.
  • A few days ago, I lost LM at Wal-Mart. After 15 minutes of frantic searching for him, I finally had a manager help me find him. They got on the intercom and shouted out his description. Less than 30 seconds later, someone called the manager on the radio saying they'd found him. He had been in the men's room, and had buckled himself into the child seat in one of the stalls. On the way home, I was trying to explain to him that someone mean could have stolen him and he would have had to live with a mean family. He said, "Well, Mom, I would just teach them how to be nice!" That kid has no fear. He also has a solution for everything.
  • LM LOVES his Mama. And he has some hilarious ways of telling me. In the last week, he has said to me: "Mom, you're a beautiful woman," "Mom, you are my popular lover," and "You are the mom of my dreams." He sure has a knack for compliments. He'll make his wife very happy someday.
  • LM is growing up. Today, I had to get out the 4T clothes I've been saving in the closet. After I said that I wished he would stay little forever, he told me, "Don't worry, Mama. I'll always be your Love Bug and I'll still cuddle with you, even when I'm big."
  • LM has started reading. He can sound out very simple words. He gets frustrated fairly quickly with it, but he's definitely on his way. Heaven help his Kindergarten teacher.
  • I've been thinking more and more about what it will be like when he's in school and getting more and more nervous for it. He's very smart and very outgoing. And he's not scared of anything. He told me the other day that you only have to follow the rules if a grownup is watching. Is this normal for a 3 1/2 year old?? I keep imagining the trouble he's going to get himself into at school one day.
  • LM got a haircut last week. He kept telling me that he wanted his hair to be short as can be, so I took him to the beauty college for a buzz cut. He loves it. His hairy is always nice and flat now, just how he likes it.
To end, here's a picture of LM taken this fall. I think I'll keep him.

1 comment:

Nikki and Kade said...

Popular lover!? Where in the world does he come up with this stuff? I sure think he's great...but, yeah...you're in for it when he's older :)