Sunday, March 6, 2011

How did this happen?

Wow. My baby is three years old today. I can no longer even pretend there is anything "baby" about him, though. He's a full-fledged pre-schooler at this point. He is fiercely independent, cares about other peoples' opinions, and is curious about everything. He is finally starting to do some "boy" things... his most recent obsession is Spiderman and he runs around shooting webs and fighting bad guys. He jumps off of things and climbs things. He is also very, very sweet. Earlier this week, after he expounded on the Solar System, I asked him if he wanted to be an astronaut when he grew up. He said, "No, I'm going to have a special job." I asked him what kind of special job he wanted to have and he replied, "I just want to go on missions and be a dad." I love him more than I even knew was possible. He is a wonderful, smart, sassy, loving little man.

UPDATE: I just remembered something that I meant to blog about the big birthday bash. After LM blew out the candles, he exclaimed, "I made a wish about a dinosaur, Mom!" Super cute by itself, but I was also impressed because I hadn't coached him about what to do with his flaming cake at all. He just knew that he was supposed to blow out the candles then make a wish. What a kid!

No comments: