Saturday, January 29, 2011

Spanish Lessons

Little Man has been doing so well on the potty. Except for today (well, yesterday wasn't great either, actually). Today was the most terrible day we've had in quite awhile. The day started off with him crapping his pants. But at least I didn't get smeared with poo like I did yesterday. Later, we were at the craft store when I looked down and noticed that he was standing in a puddle. Have you ever had to walk up to a store employee and say, "Excuse me. My son just had an accident and now there is a puddle in the bead aisle." It is mortifying. Then, as I was dragging him out to the car, I noticed that his tiny little fist was full of beads. We had to turn around and march back in to the store and return the stolen beads. Again, mortifying.

On the way home, I was very calmly asking him why he hadn't told me he needed to go potty.
LM: "But I did, Mommy."
Me:"You did? I didn't hear you say anything about the potty."
LM:"Well, I was speaking in Spanish!"

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh, how I hate potty training. That's all I'm going to say. Hang in there - it will be over in a decade.