Thursday, December 27, 2012

"The Goodest Christmas Ever!"

We had a really wonderful Christmas around here. Everyone got up around 8:00, and we opened stockings. I really think D would have been ok if his stocking was all he got. But of course it wasn't all he got. I tried really hard to buy thoughtful gifts, and not just buy things because they were a good deal (anyone else have that problem?). He ended up with fewer gifts than usual, but he LOVED everything he got. All day, he kept exclaiming "This is the greatest/best/goodest Christmas ever!!" After presents, we had a nice breakfast all together and then we did NOTHING. It felt so nice to not have anything that I had to do, especially after working so frantically to get things done the day before (I was up until 1 am knitting Baby a stocking-- ridiculous, I know). James played his guitar, and I sat on the couch snuggling with the baby and watching D play with his new toys. It was completely wonderful.
James had to work  in the afternoon/evening, which was a huge bummer. As he was getting ready to go, D told him, "Just take the day off, Dad! Christmas is for families!" It was heart breaking. Once he had gone to work, me and the boys headed to my mom's house for our traditional prime rib dinner. There was much baby snuggling and laughter and good food. One of the funniest moments was when my mom attempted to toast some French bread... she didn't just burn it, she started it on fire! The smoke alarm went off for quite a while, much to the annoyance of the kids, but all the adults could do was laugh. We had a great time opening presents, too. Everyone got and gave really great stuff this year. My dad got a cat and was so, so excited about it. Sadly, no one got a picture, but the look on his face was priceless. And I gave Nikki a Harry Potter Snuggie-- my favorite gift of the night. After presents and dessert were done, we all agreed that it had been one of the best Christmas's ever. I'm not sure why this one seemed so special, but it really was wonderful. 
D and his Spider Man "snugglie."

D loves his zombie.


Me and the boys.

Santa brought D a Raphael set!

Handing out the presents at my mom's.

Cousin M made Baby a hat-- all by herself!


My mom really loved the pictures I gave her.

Nikki and the Harry Potter Snuggie.


My favorite present of the year.



No comments: