Thursday, March 19, 2009

What did you just say?

This story is getting old, but I've got to record it, so that I don't forget...

Last Saturday, while Little Man and I were at Target, we were wandering around the toy section. Whenever we're over in that area of the store, I try to show him the Elmo Live and make Elmo talk to him. Little Man gets such a kick out of it. So I made Elmo do his thing, and Little Man laughed, then Elmo went back on the shelf. We walked away, and I stopped to look at something else. From where Little Man was sitting, he could still see Elmo. Then, as clear as could be, he said, "Elmo." I stared at him, wondering if I really heard him right. He never repeated it, but said "Mm-mo" a couple of times, which is pretty close. I don't know if this really counts as his first word, because he does toddle around the house saying "Ma" and "Da-dee" and every once in awhile it actually seems like he says it at an appropriate time. He also says "Hi" sometimes, too (I think).

My favorite new Little Man trick this week is that when you say "kisses" he opens his mouth, slams it into yours, and makes the "mmm-mah!" noise. I love it! But don't ask for one if you have an aversion to slobber. They're sweet kisses, but messy.

3 comments:

Michelle Jensen said...

that is so cute, alex use to give only open mouth kisses too. oh by the way i found you through bryanna's blog. if you want i can invite you my e-mail is michelleleejensen@msn.com and you just need to send your e-mail to me. he is so cute and looks a lot like james.

Bryanna Johnson said...

I got one of his kisses this week. James put air in my tires for me and so I was at your apartment. So cute!

Nikki and Kade said...

Little man = boy genius