Saturday, September 6, 2008

Growing up so fast

Not much is going on around here. School is going ok still, I guess. I feel a little like I'm drowning, like I'm barely one step ahead of the kids. We're still having fun, I'm just not as organized and prepared as I like to be. James is super busy with classes, keeping up the apartments, working, the band, etc. Little Man is hanging in there, too. I think he's starting to teethe. Earlier this week he had a fever and he'd also been waking up several times during the night. His gums were never red or swollen, and he's always slobbery anyway, so its hard to say for sure what was going on.

My main reson for this post is to put up some pictures. I downloaded what I had on my camera to my computer tonight, and out of 40 pictures, 39 were of Little Man being cute. The other one was of James and Little Man being cute. Here we go...

Cheese!
Little Man and I have an afterschool tradition of lying on a blanket together and playing. We play with toys, practice sitting up and scooting, cuddle, and make each other giggle.

We were playing with one of his new toys and it kind of got away from him.

What is this? This looks much more fun than that ball Mom gave me...

Oh, no! Where did he go?
Whew! There he is!
He disappeared again!At this point, I finally put my camera down and rescued the little guy.



Little Man is so dang close to sitting up. He can do it if he's on a soft surface (like the couch or my lap) and if he doesn't realize he's doing it.

This is the one picture on the camera that isn't of Little Man all by himself. James took it early yesterday morning. My boys are not morning people.

Tonight at dinner time, Little Man decided that his own toes were more appetizing than the cereal I was trying to feed him.
Today is Little Man's half-birthday. I can't believe how fast six months has gone by. It's amazing how much he's grown and how much he's learned in such a short time. James's sister had her baby yesterday (she went overdue, too. I've decided that her baby and Little Man must have gotten together and planned it out before they got sent down here.) and we visited them today. I can't believe my baby used to be that little (littler, actually). They really do grow up so fast.

1 comment:

Nikki and Kade said...

Seriously--- could he be any more cute? I really doubt it.