Sunday, April 4, 2010

Did somebody say Easter candy?

I realized today that I made a significant parenting mistake. While we were watching Conference, anytime "Easter" was mentioned, Little Man's ears perked up and he would say, "Candy? Easter candy?" We had a talked about why we celebrate Easter, but I know all he'll really remember is eggs and candy. Any tips on how to teach a little one about resurrection?

We did have a fun Easter, though. The Easter Bunny visited us in the night and left eggs to find and a few small presents in Little Man's bucket. We had a leisurely day watching Conference then went to my sister's for dinner, another egg hunt, and, of course, more candy. Seriously, we have more candy in our house than we did at Halloween! And since Little Man is a candy fiend, there have been many temper tantrums at our house today.

Little Man has had a few rough potty day in a row. Tonight, at my sister's, he was playing by himself in his cousin's room. I went to check on him, and walk in to see him with his pants pulled down. Upon closer inspection, I saw that he had pooped his pants. When I asked him what he was doing with his pants down, he pointed to the doll house toilet he was trying to straddle, and said, "I go potty, Mom." Close, honey. How can I even be mad?

1 comment:

Jon Paul said...

There's plenty of time for the resurrection. Now it's candy time.
Funny story about the poop. Funnier if you're not the parent who cleans it up, I'm sure.